I recently shared my future plans of backpacking, and the feedback I received was positive from everyone except from the person I needed it most. It's always a battle, leaving us more distant than the previous encounter.
I had a conversation this week which made me realize the transition I am experiencing with the people I once considered authority figures in my life. As I age, these people feel more like my peers, and every bit of advice I receive I filter in order to apply what is applicable to my specific needs.
I don't want to live my life for anyone but myself. I know it sounds narcissistic, but for the first time I think that is the way it should be. I want to be weightless, but how can I be gravity's assailant with any baggage? Maybe the support I need has to come from a place within myself so I can float on.
No comments:
Post a Comment