Friday, February 19, 2010

Mad World

To be frank, we live in a mad world. I say this with regard to the nation as well as its occupants. I was having a conversation with a friend that led me to the conclusion that we are surrounded by emotional instability. We are enveloped by this imbalance because it is within us all.

When we come to a pivotal point in our lives it is difficult to avoid acknowledging the inner craziness. We all try to be normal, but what does that even constitute- average? Is this what we really want, to be mediocre?

It's hard for us to realize that living puts us in a vulnerable position. We are open to injury at any given moment, but we often times forget this is what sets the madness straight. It's the insanity that gives life soul.

I remember growing up reading about extraordinary figures who changed the world. I remember thinking one day I could do that. Then I got sucked into the vacuum of normalcy. I embraced the mundane instead of embracing the martian. It's ironic how we like to follow the crowd then expect to make a difference.

Craziness is like heaven, so why fight it?

No comments:

Post a Comment