So my life goes something like this. I'm a twenty-something year old and seem to know very little about the future. I want to be a free bird, but this cage is all I know. Everything is up in the air floating effortlessly while I stare from below anxiously anticipating the collapse of life as I know it. Days seem to disappear, but I don't want my enthusiasm to.
I attended a networking event and felt like I was switching teams. At some point I seemed to have crossed over the invisible barrier into adulthood. Sometimes, I feel like my mindset is inconsistent with my age. Somehow, I turned into this adult with responsibilities and all these decisions to make. People ask what my plans are post graduation. My plans are to let the wind be my compass and to save the world and to live... ideally. Because this is what it's all about.
I remember being younger and wanting, more than anything, to be perfect. I remember being ruled by my insecurity and feeling of inadequacy. Now, I know perfections is boring. It isn't real. It's not me. And if I know nothing else, I need to know who I am and what my place is in this world. And that's all I ever ask for, at least right now.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment